Monday, October 22, 2007

Southwest camping trip


From Sept. 26 to October 18 I camped my way around the desert southwest. For just over a week I was joined by my great friend Mary of Milwaukee fame, and the rest of the time I was on my own. We roamed over a good part of Northern New Mexico, slipped up into Utah for a bit, and rambled into Arizona as well. There were times we shared our campsites with great folks such as Brian and Vanessa from Jackson Wy. , who were headed to Santa Fe for a yoga conference, and Ali and Jessica from Paris who had a few days to wander around before heading back to France. At Chaco Culture National Park we camped next to Ed and Sheryl from Rio Vista CA who were most hospitable in sharing their dinner, and their campfire with me. I appreciated this a great deal since it got down to 22 at Chaco during the night.

I will be posting photos of the adventure over the next few days. These first few were taken in Monument Valley Tribal Park on the Navajo Reservation.



Sunrise at Monument Valley from the campground.

No comments: