1. Which of the following is found in gymnosperms, and which is found in angiosperms?
C. Vessel cells in xylem
D. tracheid cells in xylem
2. What is the function of the anther in the flower?
3. Which of the following is where one would find ovules?
A. in an anther
B. in the ovary
C. in the stigma
D. in the style
4. Ovules are
B. spores that will become pollen
C. spores that will become eggs
D. immature seeds
E. pollen grains
5. In double fertilization the first sperm fertilizes the egg and the second
B. is only used if the first sperm cell dies
C. fertilizes another egg
D. fertilizes a haploid endosperm mother cell to make diploid endosperm
E. fertilizes a diploid ( n+n) endosperm mother cell to make triploid endosperm
6. What is the function of fruit?
7. Microspores become
A. the embryo sac
B. the mature male gametophyte
C. pollen grains
E. only B and C above
8. What is the oldest plant on Earth, and what is the most massive
9. How are confiers adapted to life in cold dry climates?
1. How are fungi classified?
2. What role do fungi play typically in their habitat?
3. How are fungi different from plants?
4. How do fungi feed?
5. How do fungi spread out in their habitat?
6. The body of a fungus is a thread like structure called a ____
7. A lichen is made of a ____ and a ____. What is the ecological role of lichens?