1. What are two important factors in determining what type of Biome one will find in a given area?
2. What causes the seasons here in North America?
3. What are three strategies plants have developed to survive in the cold, dry,and sometimes dark conditions of the Tundra?
4. What kind of adaptations have animals developed to survive in: A. The tundra B. The deserts
5. What is a rain shadow, and how does it account for different plant communities occurring at the same latitude, but on opposites sides of a mountain range?
6. In what biomes does fire play an important role, and what is this role?
7. How are coniferous forests different from deciduous forests?
8. Grasslands have fertile soil, and a wet humid time of the year. Why don't they turn into forests?
9. What do all deserts have in common?
10. In a tropical broad leaf forest, it often rains every afternoon. What do plants in this biome compete for? How are they adapted to compete for this resource?
11. What important role does fire play in a grassland biome?