Good Afternoon Budding Biologists ! Here are more questions for you from today's lecture!
If each person in class tried to answer just one or two of these, they would all be answered for everyone!
1. How are the mitochondria and chloroplasts similar?
2. Why do we think the mitochondria was once an independent organism?
3. Describe the plasma membrane. Include how a lipid membrane functions in a watery environment.
4. What role do the proteins in the plasma membrane play?
5. If a cell has 8 chromosomes and does mitosis, how many cells will be made, and how many chromosomes will each cell have?
6. If a cell has 8 chromosomes and does meiosis to make sperm cells, how many cells will be made, and how many chromosomes will each cell have?
7. Mitosis creates cells which are ________, while meiosis makes cells which are _____.
8. What are homologous chromosomes?
9. What are sister chromatids?
10. What is crossing over, and during which process, (mitosis or meiosis) does it occur?