Here are the photosynthesis questions for review:
1. Which colors of light are most strongly absorbed by chlorophyll?
2. How is oxygen released during photosynthesis?
3. Why is water needed in photosynthesis?
4. What are the products of the light dependent reactions?
5. What is made in the light independent reactions?
6. What is the role of RUBP in photosynthesis?
7. What kind of plants use PEP and what advantage does it give them?
8. How are CAM plants different from others in the way they do photosynthesis?
9. What kind of organisms can do photosynthesis?
10. Where inside the cholorplast do the light dependent reactions happen?
Plant Review Questions
1. Compare and contrast the movement of water and food in plants. Include in your answer what kinds of tissues and processes are involved in both.
2. Xylem is functional when dead at maturity while phloem is functional only when alive. Why?
3. In phloem, what is the role of the companion cell?
4. What is the difference between xylem in flowering plants and the xylem found in gymnosperms?
5. What is cohesion of water, and how is this different from adhesion?
6. What part of the root absorbs water?
7. What is the function of the anther in the flower?
8. Which of the following is where one would find ovules?
A. in an anther
B. in the ovary
C. in the stigma
D. in the style
9. Ovules are
B. spores that will become pollen
C. spores that will become eggs
D. immature seeds
E. pollen grains
10. In double fertilization the first sperm fertilizes the egg and the second
B. is only used if the first sperm cell dies
C. fertilizes another egg
D. fertilizes a haploid endosperm mother cell to make diploid endosperm
E. fertilizes a diploid ( n+n) endosperm mother cell to make triploid endosperm
11. What is the function of fruit?
12. Microspores become
A. the embryo sac
B. the mature male gametophyte
C. pollen grains
D. all of the above
E. only B and C above