1. What are two important factors in determining what type of Biome one will find in a given area?
2. What causes the seasons here in North America?
3. What are three strategies plants have developed to survive in the cold dry,and sometimes dark conditions of the Tundra?
4. What kind of adaptations have animals developed to survive in:
A. The tundra
B. The deserts
5. What is a rain shadow, and how does it account for different plant communities occurring at the same latitude, but on opposites sides of a mountain range?
6. In what biomes does fire play an important role, and what is this role?
7. How are coniferous forests different from deciduous forests?
1. What types of gases trap heat in the atmosphere?
2. What are the sources of these gases?
3. What are some consequences of global warming?