1. What are two important factors in determining what type of Biome one will find in a given area?
2. What causes the seasons here in North America?
3. What are three strategies plants have developed to survive in the cold dry,and sometimes dark conditions of the Tundra?
4. What kind of adaptations have animals developed to survive in:
A. The tundra
B. The deserts
C. Coniferous forests
5. What is a rain shadow, and how does it account for different plant communities occurring at the same latitude, but on opposites sides of a mountain range?
6. In what biomes does fire play an important role, and what is this role?
7. To what kind of environmental stresses are the plants and animals in the chaparral adapted?
8. How is a deciduous forest different from a coniferous forest, other than the types of trees found in each?
9. Why don't grasslands become forests?
10. What is the one thing all deserts have in common?