1. Define resource partitioning and give an example of it.
2. How is a parasite different from a parasitoid?
3. How is a parasite different from a predator?
4. Why is it that the evolution of a predator would affect the evolution of its prey?
5. Coevolution happens also between parasites and their hosts. Why is this not surprising?
6. Define and give examples of the following: Mutualism, Commensalism, social parasite.
7. What are common strategies predators use to capture prey, and common defenses found in prey?
8. Draw a food web that could occur in your backyard or here at Cerritos. Include all the trophic levels we discussed in class.
9. Why are there fewer members of the upper trophic levels as compared with primary consumers or the producers?