Friday, July 13, 2007

San Cristobal

Hello All,
Was it yesterday or the day before I went snorkeling with sea lions? A female came right up to my face mask and blew bubbles at me and then swam off into the green of the ocean. I also saw a sea turtle, and urchins,fish and more beautiful fish ! Tomorow we are going snorkeling again at Kicker Rock where we may be able to see sharks! Later today is a hike where we should be able to see swallow tailed gulls, tropic birds, and more blue footed boobies.

Sea lions sleep steps from our hostel (which does have hot water in the showers at 6 AM and then around 530 PM) Next week is working with school kids in the AM and our research projects in the afternoon. The Chatham mockingbird remains elusive, although there is one I am keeping my eye on.

It has been beautiful here the ocean is a rich blue or green with great visibility. I´m having a great time.

No comments: